We focus on local manufacturing as much as possible. We carry two lines of semi-custom cabinetry – Lectus and Merit. Both lines are built by Merit Kitchens in their state of the art facility in Surrey, BC.
We carry four brands of quartz – Cambria, Hanstone, Silestone and Caesarstone. We chose these brands as we know what they are made of and where they are manufactured. We have developed a good relationship with the fabricators and are able to bring these to you at very competitive prices.
For natural stone surfaces such as granite, quartzite and marble we work with Matrix Marble and Stone out of Duncan.
For wooden countertops, butcher block and wide plank we carry Caribou as well as a couple of local Vancouver Island woodworkers. Depending on budget and application we will pair your project with the appropriate material and manufacturer.
- Assess your goals
- Review design styles and aesthetics to come up with a personalized functional design for your space.
- Discuss Budget
- Choose door styles and colors based on aesthetics and budget.
- On our second meeting we will review our preliminary design layout.
- Typically the client and designer have refinements
- We can present full color 3D renderings to give you a sense of how the project will finish.
- Once the design has gone through refinements, we have narrowed down the door style, color, countertop materials we are ready to present the final draft and quote.
- This can take between 1-2 weeks to prepare depending on the scope of the project.
- Once we have confirmed all designs, layout, and signed the contract for the project we can begin Manufacture. Typical manufacture lead times are approximately 6 weeks, however with the current 2021 supply chain disruptions we are experiencing 8-10 week manufacture time.
- We will have a specific date for cabinet delivery and installation start date once we place the order.
- The typical installation of cabinetry in the average kitchen in the average home takes four-five days.
- If you are doing laminate countertops we typically install those at the time of cabinetry installation.
- If you are doing quartz, granite, marble or custom butcher block, typically on day four of the installation our team will template for your countertops and we will begin fabrication of the material.
- Depending on materials chosen there is approximately four to eight week fabrication lead time from countertop templating to installation.
- Typically once the quartz / countertops go in we have completed the project. However, it is not uncommon for there to be installation refinements – especially in the case of a renovation.
- Once you’re enjoying your new kitchen, we’d love to hear from you!
Browse our gallery of kitchen designs below. Contact us for more information on our design services.